Can a child custody order be modified? Omaha, NE

We Answer your questions about the law

1. What is the political subdivision Tort Claims Act and should I care?

2. How long will my personal injury claim or lawsuit take? Omaha, NE

3. Should I take an insurance company’s first offer? Omaha, NE

4. What is maximum medical improvement? Omaha, NE

5. What is my workers’ compensation claim worth? Omaha, NE

6. Can a child custody order be modified? Omaha, NE

7. How long do I have to bring a personal injury claim to court?

8. What if the workers' compensation accident was my fault? Omaha, NE

9. Why do I need a lawyer for my divorce? Omaha, NE

10. What kind of insurance coverage is available in Nebraska personal injury case? Omaha, NE

11. What can a Nebraska worker's compensation attorney do for me? Omaha, NE

12. How do we divide assets in a divorce? Omaha, NE

13. Why should I consult an attorney for my personal injury case?

14. How is child custody determined in Nebraska?

15. Do I need a lawyer for my DUI? - Omaha NE

16. What are the steps in a personal injury case?

17. What is the workers' compensation process in Nebraska?

18. How is child support calculated in Nebraska?

19. What are the penalties for a first offense DUI in Omaha NE - DUI Attorneys

20. What benefits can I receive in a workers compensation case? Omaha NE

21. What do you do when you're hurt at work?

22. What do I do if I'm involved in a car accident?

23. Who pays for the medical bills when I've been in an accident?

24. What does the divorce process entail? Omaha, NE

25. How will a DUI affect my license? Omaha NE

26. What is a Subrogation Claim?

27. What Is A Settlement?

28. Qué es el Seguro de Compensación de Trabajadores?

Yes, it can. In order to modify a child custody order, you have to show what's called a material change in circumstances.

Now, simply stated what that means is something has to happen. An unanticipated change that if the judge or the parties knew about it when they made the original order, they would have decided differently.

If you can show that, then you can change your child custody order. Such a material change in    circumstances can be a lot of things; behavior of one of the parties, moving of the kids or one of the parties setting up a new residence, the specific needs of the child, medical conditions of one of the parties.

And if you can show one of those material changes in circumstance, then you can change the custody order and with that also comes most likely a change in child support.

I'm Justin High, High & Younes. I’m here to help.

Child Custody Attorney - Omaha, NE - 402-933-3345