What is the political subdivision Tort Claims Act and should I care?

We Answer your questions about the law

1. What is the political subdivision Tort Claims Act and should I care?

2. How long will my personal injury claim or lawsuit take? Omaha, NE

3. Should I take an insurance company’s first offer? Omaha, NE

4. What is maximum medical improvement? Omaha, NE

5. What is my workers’ compensation claim worth? Omaha, NE

6. Can a child custody order be modified? Omaha, NE

7. How long do I have to bring a personal injury claim to court?

8. What if the workers' compensation accident was my fault? Omaha, NE

9. Why do I need a lawyer for my divorce? Omaha, NE

10. What kind of insurance coverage is available in Nebraska personal injury case? Omaha, NE

11. What can a Nebraska worker's compensation attorney do for me? Omaha, NE

12. How do we divide assets in a divorce? Omaha, NE

13. Why should I consult an attorney for my personal injury case?

14. How is child custody determined in Nebraska?

15. Do I need a lawyer for my DUI? - Omaha NE

16. What are the steps in a personal injury case?

17. What is the workers' compensation process in Nebraska?

18. How is child support calculated in Nebraska?

19. What are the penalties for a first offense DUI in Omaha NE - DUI Attorneys

20. What benefits can I receive in a workers compensation case? Omaha NE

21. What do you do when you're hurt at work?

22. What do I do if I'm involved in a car accident?

23. Who pays for the medical bills when I've been in an accident?

24. What does the divorce process entail? Omaha, NE

25. How will a DUI affect my license? Omaha NE

26. What is a Subrogation Claim?

27. What Is A Settlement?

28. Qué es el Seguro de Compensación de Trabajadores?


What is the political subdivision Tort Claims Act and should I care?

The short answer is yes, you should care because it's going to affect the statute of limitations on your claim. It's important to define what a political subdivision is that way, you know where your claim lies.

A subdivision is city, county, villages, schools, certain administrative agencies. All those are treated under the act differently. Now, if you do sustain an injury or an accident with one of those individuals that I've named, then you have one year from the date of your injury to file a written notice, written claim to that subdivision. If you don't, then your claim is forever barred.

On top of that, you have two years from the date of your injury to file your claim or it's also forever barred.

If you have any questions give us a call at 402-933-3345. We provide free consultations.