Practice Areas / Workers Compensation
Find a Workers Comp Lawyer
We Answer your questions about the law
1. What is the political subdivision Tort Claims Act and should I care?
2. How long will my personal injury claim or lawsuit take? Omaha, NE
3. Should I take an insurance company’s first offer? Omaha, NE
4. What is maximum medical improvement? Omaha, NE
5. What is my workers’ compensation claim worth? Omaha, NE
6. Can a child custody order be modified? Omaha, NE
7. How long do I have to bring a personal injury claim to court?
8. What if the workers' compensation accident was my fault? Omaha, NE
9. Why do I need a lawyer for my divorce? Omaha, NE
10. What kind of insurance coverage is available in Nebraska personal injury case? Omaha, NE
11. What can a Nebraska worker's compensation attorney do for me? Omaha, NE
12. How do we divide assets in a divorce? Omaha, NE
13. Why should I consult an attorney for my personal injury case?
14. How is child custody determined in Nebraska?
15. Do I need a lawyer for my DUI? - Omaha NE
16. What are the steps in a personal injury case?
17. What is the workers' compensation process in Nebraska?
18. How is child support calculated in Nebraska?
19. What are the penalties for a first offense DUI in Omaha NE - DUI Attorneys
20. What benefits can I receive in a workers compensation case? Omaha NE
21. What do you do when you're hurt at work?
22. What do I do if I'm involved in a car accident?
23. Who pays for the medical bills when I've been in an accident?
24. What does the divorce process entail? Omaha, NE
25. How will a DUI affect my license? Omaha NE
26. What is a Subrogation Claim?
Have you been injured at work? Have you been out of work due to your injury?
Workers’ compensation is designed to provide workers with a financial cushion in the event of suffering a work related injury. A worker’s compensation lawyer can help improve your chances of making a successful workers’ compensation claim.
Even if you have already filed your claim and it has been denied, you can still benefit from hiring a workers’ compensation attorney. Your attorney will help you fight the decision and get the compensation you deserve.
Workers’ compensation attorneys will help you determine how much your claim is worth. They will also negotiate on your behalf so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
How to find a workers’ compensation attorney
Are you searching for a workers’ compensation attorney? The following are some tips to help you find an experienced lawyer in your area.
- Ask for recommendations
The easiest way to identify a workers’ compensation attorney near you is to ask friends, family or even lawyers you know for recommendations. Ask them if they know of an attorney in the area that specializes in representing workers that have been injured. Lawyers can help you identify attorneys they know that are experienced and skilled.
- Search online
Another easy way to find a workers’ compensation attorney is to search online. Online directories that list lawyers in your area are a great place to start. Search through your state bar association’s website for listings of lawyers in your area. You can also search through websites for lawyers in your area.
- Visit an attorney
It is important to visit at least three attorneys for consultation. Many workers’ compensation attorneys offer free consultation services. You can discuss your case with the attorneys and listen to their feedback. The attorneys will tell you whether you have a case or not. They will also outline how they would approach the case.
What to look for in a workers’ compensation attorney
You will come across several workers’ compensation attorneys in your search for an attorney. It is important to note that not every attorney is right for your case. Visiting at least three workers’ compensation attorneys will help you identify the right attorney to represent you. The following are some factors to consider in order to find the right lawyer for your case.
- Area of specialization
It is important to choose an attorney that specializes in workers’ compensation. You must distinguish a workers’ compensation attorney from attorneys that dabble in this area of law. Workers’ compensation attorneys are those that specialize in representing victims of work related injuries. They have extensive experience representing injured workers. They have an in-depth understanding of workers’ compensation laws. They know how best to approach insurance companies and employers in seeking compensation.
It is also important to ask the attorney about the type of cases they have handled. Choose an attorney that has successfully represented cases similar to your own. This will improve your chances of making a successful claim.
- Their approach to your case
Visiting an attorney for consultation gives you the opportunity to learn about their approach to seeking compensation. Do they think you have a case? Are they enthusiastic about your case? How much do they estimate your claim to be worth? What steps will they take to get compensation? What will they do if the claim is denied? Are there are other sources of funds that they can help you seek?
- Their fees
Workers’ compensation attorneys often charge for their services on a contingency fee basis. This means the attorney only gets paid when you are compensated for your injuries. The attorney will take a percentage of your compensation.
It is also important to ask about what costs you will be liable for. Some costs may not be included in your attorney’s fees. These may be transferred to you and be deducted separately from the compensation you receive. Ensure that any extra costs are made known before you hire your attorney.
- Their communication skills
Communication is vital for the success of your case. This is especially because workers’ compensation cases can be very sensitive. It is important to choose an attorney that you not only feel comfortable working with but that also listens to you. This will make it easier for you to share information about your case. It will also ensure that your input is considered in how the attorney approaches the case. It can be distressing to hire an attorney that isn’t willing to listen or that you don’t feel comfortable talking to.
Have you been injured at work? Have you had to miss work due to your injury? Are you searching for a workers’ compensation attorney? Get in touch with us and book an appointment for free consultation. We’ll fight to get you the compensation you deserve.